In the past month I worked on some new features for Coffee Radar and I think it’s time to announce the release of Coffee Radar 1.0.2. 🙂
This new version comes with an array of improvements and exciting features designed to enhance your user experience and enrich your coffee exploration.
Without further ado, here are the detailed updates in Coffee Radar 1.0.2:
- Autocomplete search: improved search field to allow users to search by continent, country, city, and single café name.
- Autocomplete search results: each country suggestion will now include its specific flag. This is part of a process to help users understand immediately if the single result is a country or something else.
- Autocomplete search results: clicking on a single suggestion will redirect users directly to the results screen. In other words users don’t need to click on the “search” button anymore.
- Autocomplete search results: if a search returns only one café, clicking on the autocomplete suggestion will redirect user to the single café screen.
- Search results: sort Cafés by average general rating, in descending order
- Search results: if the total reviews number of a place is 0, don’t output “0 Reviews”
- Single Café template: added method to calculate milk types field value. The information of milks available in one café are the result of collective data provided by users. Overtime this will become more sophisticated.
- Single Café template: fixed barista friendliness calculation
- Single Café template: navigate to the correct café address on Google Maps when user clicks on the address.
- Single Café template: show wifi speed area only if the specific café offers a wifi connection
- Created WP Cron Job to check and re-calculate data daily, in addition to calculation upon the insertion of new data via forms
- Adopted composite design pattern in PHP for UI elements
- Several improvements for a variety of small UI elements.
I’ve started adding some cafés I’ve been to around the world. I also have another 50 cafés upcoming which I will add next week.
Coffee Radar is still heavily focused on Bulgaria and Türkiye/Turkey. Soon I will create specific weekly updates organized by cities beyond these two countries. And if you want to contribute to expanding the list, you can do it here at this link, you can add cafés you’ve been to, regardless of their location.
- Added 11 cafes from Sofia, Bulgaria
- Added 3 cafes from Istanbul, Turkey
- Added 3 cafes from Antalya, Turkey
- Added 2 cafes from Koh Samui, Thailand
- Added 6 cafes from Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
- Added 5 cafes from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Added 3 cafes from Burgas, Bulgaria
- Added 3 cafes from Varna, Bulgaria
- Added 4 cafes from Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Added 4 cafes from Chania, Greece
- Added 3 cafes from Thessaloniki, Greece
- Added 2 cafes from Porto, Portugal
- Added 3 cafes from Valencia, Spain
Questions and feedback
If you have any suggestions, feedback, or ideas on how to improve Coffee Radar, leave a comment down below or use the feedback form. If you use the form, you will need to enter an email address. I will use your email address only to reply to you, if necessary. It will not be added to any sort of mailing list or notification system, and it will never be used for any kind of marketing communication.